Everything has been going smoothly thus far on our house. We have an inspection set up for Thursday afternoon and hopefully the appraisal will get done this week as well – our Mortgage Officer is going on vacation for a week starting Thursday so he wants to get as much done this week as he can.
I am extremely nervous for the appraisal since our loan depends on it going well in order to get the loan. The inspection I am not too worried about since the owner agreed to doing any major fixes and if they don’t we can back out of the contract. I am worried the electrical will be a problem since it looks like they did a lot of it themselves. Also, the Living Room’s outlets do not appear to be grounded. If this is a problem that comes up, I cross my fingers that the current home owners will fix it.
One of Matt’s co-workers was interested in moving into our area very soon, so she looked at our apartment last night. She seemed to like it quite a bit and will let him know early this week what her decision is. She would move in on October 1st, so a few days after closing. It would be perfect timing. If she decides she doesn’t want it, Matt has a few other people who may want to move to the area. I really hope the first girl takes it though, it would make me feel loads better. Although, I will then be nervous the loan/house will fall through and we won’t have anywhere to live.
Maybe I should just stop worrying and let things happen.