Rating: 4.8 stars
Guys, I finally won a Goodreads Giveaway!! The Kindle version of The Last Namsara. This is the first thing I have won since a free Snapple in 1991, and I have to say that this was way better.
I have been slowly drifting away from Young Adult fantasy reads for a while now. It’s basically the same thing over and over, just in a new fantasy world each time. Newly discovered skills. Fall in love knowing someone for .1 seconds. Love triangle. Having no personality. On and on. You get it. Zero uniqueness.
I have to be honest and say that this book was not on my radar before I won this. I didn’t hear anything about it, didn’t see it in my feeds at all, and never noticed it at any bookstores. Apparently when I entered the contest the description must have excited me, but unfortunately I don’t even remember entering! Let’s be real though, I enter A LOT of Goodreads Giveaways! I was starting to think they were rigged.
Anyway, the point is. This book rocked. I have been stuck in this phase of only reading a book halfway and then getting bored and starting a new one. My “Currently Reading” list is not at all accurate, and we all need to times that number by 5. This one kept me interested the ENTIRE TIME. Smooth transitions, easy reading, interesting plot lines… I actually wanted to finish this one.
Also, I almost cried. No spoilers in this post, but WHYYYYYYYYYYY must you toy with my emotions?!
Who should read this book?
- Anyone who likes a quick, but entertaining read.
- Doesn’t care about overly descriptive worlds. This one gives you just enough to visualize the world but doesn’t spend entire chapters talking about it.
- A love for dragons.
- A cute romance that’s not obsessive. It didn’t annoy me this time, even though it’s still probably a little unrealistic.
Things the book was lacking.
- Action. There needs to be more. I often feel this is a requirement always, sometimes the battle scenes are so dull and over so quickly.
- More dragon time. The connections with the dragon riders happens so quickly.
- I am not sure if the story will continue after this one, but I need more romance. Can we take it a step above “grade school dance” please?
I may need to purchase the physical copy of this book now.